The Groves CAI requires all Owners to submit an application for any exterior improvement. Applications are reviewed for approval by the Architectural Control Committee. The Committee review time is from 1 to 2 weeks after all documents have been received. We ask that you please submit your applications timely to avoid delays. A Resident must receive written approval prior to construction or modification of improvements commencing.
To protect your property values and preserve the character of the community, the governing documents of the association contain restrictions that establish architectural standards and govern the use of property within your community. You should carefully review the association’s governing documents and the community rules and regulations to familiarize yourself with these guidelines. Should you have further specific questions after this review, please contact the Community Standards Coordinator, Neci Hamilton.
Any change to your property (structural, moving dirt, etc.) will need approval from The Groves ARC (Architectural Review Committee). Complete submittal includes the ARC application, a copy of your actual lot survey plan, dimensions, height, materials, color samples, and utility bill.
- ANTENNA/SATELLITE DISH: Provide the size or height of the antenna and show the location on the lot survey.
- CONCRETE WORK/PAVERS (SIDEWALKS, DRIVEWAY EXTENSION, ETC.): Indicate location on lot survey.
- DECKING/PATIO: Indicate location on lot survey, materials to be used, and height of decking.
- DOORS: Provide photo or brochure.
- LANDSCAPING: Submit all details (plant types) showing placement on the lot survey. Reference Landscape Design Guidelines.
- PAINTING OR SIDING: Submit a sample of color and/or material. Click for fence color.
- PATIO COVER, ARBOR, GAZEBO, STORAGE SHED, ROOM ADDITION: Submit an elevation drawing showing how the structure will look. Indicate size, height, color, materials, and roofing and show placement on the lot survey.
- PLAY STRUCTURE, SWING SET, TRAMPOLINE, PERMANENT & PORTABLE BASKETBALL GOALS: Submit a photo, brochure, or drawing. Indicate size, height, color, materials, etc., and show the location on the lot survey.
- POOL/SPA: Submit a detailed drawing of the pool and indicate on the Lot survey the location of the pool and equipment. Must show access to the rear of the property. If you require access to an adjacent lot, a signed Lot Access Agreement must be submitted with the application. Pool application must be accompanied by a $1,000.00 deposit, MONEY ORDER, OR CASHIERS CHECK made payable to “The Groves Community Association, Inc.” Any tree removal must be indicated on the application. Dumping of trash, soil, etc., is not permitted within the community. Contractor signs are not permitted in public view. Dump receipts for soil should be presented when requesting the deposit refund. Excavations are not permitted on Saturday or Sunday. The construction start date must be registered with the association. ***ANY CONSTRUCTION TERMS VIOLATED WILL FORFEIT THE FULL DEPOSIT.***
- SOLAR PANELS: Submit the manufacturer name/color name (brochure or small sample). Please submit a drawing showing the side and rear view. Submit lot survey with a drawing of placement of solar panels, including spec sheet.
- SOLAR SCREEN/WINDOW TINTING: Provide material samples.
- YARD DECORATIONS (BIRDBATH, BENCHES, STATUES, SIGNS, LIGHTING, ETC.): Submit a photo or brochure, and indicate the location on the lot survey.
After you have submitted your ARC Application, you may complete your payment here. Make sure to check your email for the ticket number to include when making your payment. Refundable pool deposits can be paid with a money order or cashier's check made out to The Groves Community Association, Inc. You may drop it off in the drop-box located outside the Lifestyle Office. YOUR ARC APPLICATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE OR CONSIDERED ACCEPTED UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Each item requested to be reviewed is considered a separate application and requires the subsequent fee below:
- $50.00: Basketball Goal, Covered Patio, Driveway Modification, Exterior Lighting, Fire Pit, Flatwork, Outdoor Fireplace, Generator, Gutter, Landscape - Border, Landscape - Partial, Play Structure, Satellite Dish, Security Cameras, Solar Panel, Solar Screen/Window Tint, Sports Court, Storage Shed, Storm Door/Gate, Summer Kitchen, Trampoline
- $75.00: Landscape, Pergola, Pool
- $1,000.00: Pool Deposit (REFUNDABLE)
Your review letter will come from Ken Anderson and Associates. Please check your spam mail often for your review letter.
NO CONSTRUCTION OR INSTALLATION MAY BEGIN WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL FROM THE ASSOCIATION.